Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 4 My Lucky

Up with the sun.
At 5:30 am the most incredible thing happens. The sun starts creeping up over the sea in the east.  It starts as a gentle pink wash and progresses to all shades of the red family until the big ol' orange ball commands you to get up and take note.  Every morning, I do. I go out on the upper deck and watch the whole thing.  When it starts, Miss Venus is so bright just above the horizon.  Then I run to a deck on the west side.  The moon is just thinking about setting and taking his very shiny friend, Jupiter, with him. It's almost too much to take in. I feel such amazement to be under an arc created by the sun and the moon as Venus and Jupiter see eye to eye. Powerful. I know this would never grow old. It would only grow more and more precious, these things that matter most.
                                                                                  **

No comments: